Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Rocking Out In A Coffie Shop

www.myspace.com/building429

One of the breakout bands in music in 2004 was the Christian rock group called Building 429. Their hit song "Glory Defined" become a number one hit on various charts, winning the band four Dove award nominations, and them actually winning the Dove award for "Best Breakout Artist of The Year." This morning, at 7:00am, thanks to the sponsorship of my local radio station The Fish (103.9 FM if you are ever in Sacramento or Citrus Heights), I was able to see the band play, for free, at a local coffie shop this morning. It wasn't a huge performence mind you. The whole band showed up, but only two of the members actually played.

There were two guitars, but no drums or bass. Still, it was a treat to be able to see these guys play. I missed them while they were touring with Casting Crowns, but that doesn't matter anymore. I'll make sure to catch them in a real concert when they go touring again (which might not be long, seeing as how their next CD comes out in March). I have taken some pictures of the concert for your viewing pleasure. Keep in mind the pictures came out horrible dark, so I had to brighten the images. They still don't look all that great, but they are better then nothing I guess. Well, these are better pictures then I'm going to get at any concert, THAT'S for sure:


Setting everything up.

Just because you are in a coffie shop doesn't mean you can't put out a great performance.

Me and the guys. They were very cool guys. Signed my CD, posed for me for this picture, and they didn't comment on my horrible haircut. Really nice guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home