Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I Want To Relive Memories

One of the downsides of having a "To Review" pile is that most of the stuff in that pile is stuff I haven't read yet. This happens with anyone who has a review site (really, ask anyone), where the reviewers are almost always behind in the stuff they have to read. One of the things comic collectors have to deal with is storage. What I do is whenever I have a complete set of an entire series, I put those in a box, close the box, write the names of the series on the box, and I store them in the garage (don't worry, they're all wrapped in plastic, so they're fine). Today I decided to look through a couple of those boxs as a trip down memory lane, and I found myself longing not to read the stuff I haven't read yet, but to re-read some of the stuff in the box full of old stuff.

If I had the time to re-read any of these old series, I would want to start with "Kodocha" and then move onto "Love Hina." Despite the fact that the latter had some minor story issues for the first three books, I think these series are a couple of my favorite series. I also noticed my collection of "Sonic The Hedgehog" comics (which I still buy to this day). The series has evolved so much through the years, that I'm kind of interested in re-reading the whole series to see how it got to the point it is at right now. And what's this? Comics of "Darkwing Duck," "Chip and Dale," and "The Disney Afternoon?" Man, re-reading THOSE would bring back memoried! Whats more, I wonder how all those "For Better or For Worse" comics would read if I read them all in order starting from the very first book.

And with that, I close the box to several of my memories. I'm sure I'll re-read them again someday, but finding any free time to read comics now is becoming harder and harder to do, and when I do have the time, I normally have to read some of the new stuff so that I can write my review. I still love writing comic reviews, and chances are I always will, but part of my wishes I could go back to the days where I didn't have to worry about getting a review posted on time and just bask in a hamick reading the good old stuff. Oh well, enough remenising, I've got a copy of "Dr. Slump Vol. 4" to read now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spam alert...
-JD

8:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home