Monday, June 06, 2005

Okay, So It Wasn't THAT Bad of A Change!

Toon Zone - Your Source for Toon News!

For those of you who are unaware of what "Loonatics" is, it is, in short, Warner Bros. "re-visioning" of the popular Looney Tunes characters. Yeah, I can hear some of you cry, but I'm actually looking forward to the show. Not to sound like I am disregarding the classic cartoons, but when I spent months complaining about "Batman Beyond" before I had even seen it, I felt kind of foolish once I saw the show and discovered that I really liked it. Which is why when "Loonatics" was announced I got excited about the idea. Of course there are some (okay LOTS) of people who decided, WITHOUT EVEN SEEING IT, that this show was horrible!!! One of these people was 11 year old Thomas Adams, who started a petition in an effort to get the character designs changed.

I felt that this was unfair since I saw nothing wrong with the original designs of the characters, and I felt that a potentially good show was going to be ruined because of an 11 year old who knew nothing about what he was complaining about. Well as you can see from the link above, the new character designs are in, and they look fantastic. I have even more hopes for this show then I originally had, and I can't wait to see the show when it airs this fall. And for Thomas, who is probably complaining about how the CGI in "Star Wars Episode III" ruins the "real life sets we fell in love with in the firs 'Star Wars' film" right now, all I can say is this: DON'T ruin these designs for ME!! Because if you do, then I know where you live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home