Wednesday, June 01, 2005

No More Afternoon Cartoons?

Weekday Kids WB Ends in January!

I feel sorry for kids these days, I really do. It seems like everything that once made the world good is slipping away. It was announced yesterday that effective January 2006, Kids WB shows will no longer be playing the in the afternoon for kids who come home from school. Why must this happen? I remember when I was a kid getting off of school, going home, turning on the TV, and watching Disney Afternoon all afternoon before I had to do my homework. It was a special time for me, and many of my friends have fond memories of that time. I'm not a kid anymore, and I shouldn't be worrying about afternoon cartoons anymore, but I do. I never really stopped watching cartoons.

Yeah some of the stuff they have isn't as good as some of the old shows, but kids shows are still kids shows. Now WB is being forced to pull its weekday programming from the schedule to make room for "adult comedies." The shows that will replace the Kids WB block are most likely reruns of old shows that few people care for anymore, but hey, whatever rocks their boat. I personally find all this very disappointing, as this just shows that times are changing far too much for my taste. I hope when I have kids and they get off from school, that they have more to watch then Nickelodeon. Oh well, here's happen the afternoon toons return to syndication someday.

Hey, that just reminded me, whatever happened to weekday MORNING syndicated cartoons from third party companies like Saban, DiC, and 4Kids Entertainment (that last one became huge later on in life but they were small at one point or another)?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home