Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Multitasking

E3 2006 - E3 06: PS3 launches 11/17--$499 for 20GB, $599 for 60GB - News at GameSpot

So here I am setting up "Final Fantasy XI" to play on my XBox 360. The first thing I want to say is that anyone who installed this thing on their PC and PS2, you were right: It takes freaking FOREVER to set this game up! I'm hoping to have lots of gaming hours from this game. At more playing time then installing time. Since it is taking a long time to install though, I got a Pepsi, and I'm blogging while watching Sony's E3 press conference and installing FFXI. Multitasking, as they say. I'm going to take this moment to make a few comments about about some things I've been thinking of since I've been gone.

1. Kaze Hirai - the father of the Playstation - is still a moron who cares more about statistics then he does games. Right now he's talking about PSP, and how great it plays MP3's, TV shows, and UMD's. Which is nice and all, but if I'm going to buy a PSP I want to play GAMES!

2. Wii is a stupid name for a game console.

3. Microsoft is pushing HD-DVD and Sony is pushing Blu-Ray. My prediction: Both companies are going to be let down by the lack of demand for either formatt.

4. The book is coming along fine. I'm in the middle of chapter ten. My whole thing is that I want to finish the first draft in three months, so I'm writing like I only had two months to finish it. Don't worry, any bugs will be tweaked out in the second draft, and most of you will never see the first draft.

5. "Mission Impossible III" was much better then I thought it would be.

6. Wii is a stupid name for a game console.

7. Even though I've got more stuff to work on then I know what to do with, I've toyed around with the idea of making a commentary site for the Academy Award winning films. This means there would be reviews for all the movies that won an Oscar for Best Picture, as well as commentary on performces, losses, and visual effects. With all I have to do this site is not likely going to be made, but I've been toying with it non-the-less.

8. My blog link has been removed from "Yu-Gi-Oh! Uncensored!" More proof that life goes on.

9. Kaz Hirai is trying to push Blu-Ray, saying that Blu-Ray will not limited the filmakers imagination. Of course, DVD never limited their imagination either. After all, DVD's are just display items, they aren't used in actually making the movies.

10. At $599.99, I think the Playstation 3 will have an uphill battle.

11. I should probably make a point that almost no one at Sony's conference have clapped yet at any of Hirai's announcements.

12. Fifteen minutes before FFXI is installed.

13. Wii is a stupid name for a game console.

14. Been reading Dan Brown's "Angels & Demons." This is after I read his over-hyped "controversial" thriller "The Da Vinci Code." Despite all the stupid facts this guy seems content to throw at the reader, I can't help but love his stupid books, because I just want to see what shocking "revelation" Brown will throw at me next. Something tells me these books will make better summer movies, since the stories live up to all the dumb expectations people have when seeing movies in the summer.

15. Part of me is iching to to finish chapter ten right now, but my attention is divided with the installation, so that will have to wait until tonight.

16. I just realized I need to write two reviews for my comic site next week. Man, my site has been hurt by this book I'm writing. I need to be careful to not abandon it.

17. "Grand Turismo 4" looks super realistic. Too bad I hate the games.

18. Wii is a stupid name for a game console.

19. The more I write for my book, the more excited I become. It's starting to become it's own little personal masterpiece. I'm not sure if what I'm writing will ever be considered the greatest thing ever written by man, but so far I'm enjoying it. Of course, I was originally afraid that it might not have enough story for three hundred pages, and now it looks like it will have well over four hundred. I love writing evolution.

20. I have some more DVD's for sale. eBay link in the post below.

On a final note, did I mention that Wii is a stupid name for a game console? If I didn't, then it is. Anyway, installation have seven minutes left, so I'm going to finish it now. We need to play sometime. Catch you all later.

Currentlly Listening To: Sony E3 Press Conference *snoore*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home